Established in 1995, the Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE) is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities for women entrepreneurs and women in business to increase their professional success, personal growth, and financial independence. CWE also operates the Veterans Business Outreach Center of New England (VBOC of NE) that equips veteran and active duty service members and their families with the resources to help them start and run their businesses
Interested in landing contracts with state or federal agencies? Interested in being a supplier to large corporations? Certifying your business is key; but the certification arena can be extremely confusing. Join us for this panel discussion and learn:
- What certification is and how it can help you expand your business network and ultimately grow your business through contracts with government agencies and corporations
- Which certification(s) are right for your business
- Whether your business qualifies for certification
- What each certification process entails and how to get started
- SBA WOSB/EDWOSB, 8(a), and HUBZone for Opportunities with the Federal Government
- State WBE/MBE/DBE (SDO & DOT) for Opportunities with the State
- WBENC (Women’s Business Enterprise National Council Certification) for Opportunities with Corporations
When: Thursday, January 25, 9:30am-11:30am
Fee: Free. Must register to attend.
In our second #WorkLifeBalance webcast series, Comm
How can nonprofits support a culture of work life balance? Wellness plans are one key step to supporting a culture of work life balance. What is a wellness plan? Join us February 9th as we speak with NFP about strategies, benefits and programs nonprofits can implement to support wellness in your organization.
The interviews are live online and programs are open to calls (802-862-3966) and social media delivered questions.
One of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms, NFP offers commercial insurance, corporate benefits and private client resources. Linda Bower joined NFP in 2013 and currently leads the firm’s wellness consulting practice in the Northeast. Specializing in wellness strategy, Linda leads a team that services clients across multiple industries and sizes. Linda also directs NFP’s internal wellness program, which was awarded the Boston Business Journal’s Healthiest Employer Award in 2015. In addition to her B.A. in Economics and Italian from Wellesley College, Linda also holds an M.S. in Nutrition from Tufts University and is a Certified Wellness Program Manager.