Randolph, VT 05061
You are invited to Senator Leahy’s 21st Annual Women’s Economic Opportunity Conference!
The 2017 conference includes a keynote address by Mary Alice McKenzie and workshops hosted by Vermont presenters. This year’s conference will also highlight the work of Change The Story VT through workshops and group discussions. Visit Senator Leahy’s website for conference agenda, detailed workshop information and speaker bios.
Registration is free. Please register by Friday, September 8th at noon to reserve your spot!
Free continental breakfast and lunch will be provided to all registered attendees. Child care must be pre-arranged; please indicate when you register if you will require child care services. Child care availabilty is limited, so please email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Information for attendees with disabilities: Arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and associated amendments. Arrangements for accommodation should be requested two weeks in advance by calling Senator Leahy’s office at (802) 229-0569 or emailing Katie_Alexander@leahy.senate.gov.
What is the cost to attend?
In the interest of making this conference accessible to all Vermonters, there is no charge to register. Continental breakfast, lunch and pre-arranged child care are also provided free with registration.
How to Register by Phone?
Please call Vicki at (802) 728-9101.
What Workshops will be offered?
AM Session 1 9:45-10:45 AM
- Investing in Women (You Don’t Have to be a Millionaire!)
- Find a Career that Fits
- Ask for More, Get More: The Art of Salary Negotiation
- Start Your Own Business
- Personal Branding Your Business Story (LinkedIn)
AM Session 2 11:00-12:00 PM
- Making the Most of Your Money
- Living and Loving the Gig Life
- You’re (Al)ready Enough – Mindfulness in Leadership
- Navigating the Field When You Are The “Only” One
AM Session 3 9:45am-11:30 PM
- Start Here Before Jumping into the Social Media Mud Pit
- Beyond the Power Pose – Building Authentic Confidence
- Pitch the Story of Your Business Marketing
- Smashing Sexism – Movies and Mentors
- Women’s Car Care Clinic: What You Need to Know
PM Session 1:15 – 2:45 PM (Presentation by Change The Story for all attendees)
Stories of Change – For Women, For Vermont
Please call Katie Alexander in Senator Leahy’s Montpelier office at (802) 229-0569.