Do you have a specific change you want to make? Do you have an issue that is important to you and your nonprofit? Invite your board, staff, staff and key leaders to our September 20th training with Action Circles!
Each Participant will receive their own Participating in Democracy Workbook
This workshop is for anyone who wants to be more effective in the legislative process.
After the Workshop, participants will know:
- Difference between “lobbying” and “advocacy” (legal issues for 501c3s)
- How to effectively engage in the legislative process
- “How to lobby a legislator” Role Play
- How do you change their minds? Message vs. Facts
- How to find the info they need –bill drafts, committee schedules, contact info, etc.
- How to respond to questions and follow up effectively with policy makers
- Statehouse lingo – who are these people and what are they talking about?
In addition, the workbook contains more information:
- How a bill becomes a law
- How to testify effectively at a public hearing and a committee hearing
- Finding your way around the Vermont Statehouse
Amy Shollenberger has more than 15 years of grassroots organizing, policy, and political issue campaign experience, including work as a press secretary for a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and as a senior policy analyst for Public Citizen’s Critical Mass Energy and Environment Program.