August 29th – Fun Events to Build Your Base
11:45am – 12:30pm
Fun Events are the first step in the Action Circles Model of Organizing. Fun Events are FUN and will help you find people who are interested in your issue and plug them into your campaign. Although these events require a fair amount of up front work, they pay off in a solid group of people who want to be involved in your work.
This workshop is best for people who are responsible for organizing people for a specific cause or group.
After this workshop, participants will know:
- The key elements of an organizing event
- How to create a workplan to get everything done on time
- How to get people to come to the event
- How to get people to sign up while at the event
- How to design the event so people want to come back for another
- How to get help to get it all done